Online shopping is convenient and it has made our lives easier, but there are some things that consumers just cannot stand. Have you ever wondered what the most common complaints about online shopping are?
In this blog post, we will talk about 22 of them!
- When it takes too long to checkout because the store requires you to register and create an account.
- The fact that when people order something online and it arrives later than expected without notice from the store.
- When the price changes after a purchase has been made and the consumer did not notice until later.
- The inability to touch and feel the product before buying it.
- No customer service chat capabilities while shopping online
- Only having one size or type of an item available for sale but none in stock at any nearby physical location where customers can go instead.
- People don’t like how they have to deal with returns or exchanges in person because so many stores do not offer an option for free shipping and handling on these types of transactions.
- When trying to find something, it takes way too long because there are so many products available for sale but not organized in any logical order on their website.
- The hassle of having to sign up or log in each time they want to make another purchase at the online store.
Online Shopping Consumer Pet Peeve #5:
No customer service chat capabilities while shopping online
- Not being able to check out when shopping online until everything is added into the cart may be convenient if customers know what they need beforehand, but can cause frustration if they don’t have anything specific in mind.
- When a promotion code does not work though it is currently in promotion.
- Being told they have to pay for shipping.
- Forgotten passwords and automatically generated email addresses that make it hard to contact the customer service department.
- When a product cannot be shipped to their address, yet there was no warning beforehand about this possibility.
- Not being able to see how much is left in their online shopping cart when ordering more than one item at once on a website or app because of how the layout displays individually priced items separately from those with bundled prices (i.e., subscriptions).
- Returning an item after receiving it but not getting any credit back onto their account balance until weeks later.
- No clear information on how to make contact with the store if we need help
- When an online store has different prices on the same item from one day to another.
Online Shopping Consumer Pet Peeve #8:
When trying to find something, it takes way too long because there are so many products available for sale but not organized in any logical order on their website.
- When we are redirected to a third party website when clicking a link or entering their URL in our browser address bar, which can lead us down unexpected paths and result in unwanted pop-ups.
- Having difficulties finding out what credit cards they’re compatible with because it’s not clearly stated on the site.
- The need for more video tutorials that approach questions and topics like how to find sizing information, create an account, track orders as well as general tips about navigating websites and mobile apps (i.e., using dropdown menus).
- Not being able to try on clothing before buying it.
Online shopping has made it easier and convenient for customers to purchase but it also mean that shop and store owners have to review and dedicate resources on improving customer service on their website where necessary.
For assistance or to get a free audit on your online store, click here
If you are just getting started with digital marketing, we have a quick 5 step guide for you over here.